[dev] [cvs] commit: horde/admin alarms.php horde/docs CHANGES kronolith/docs CHANGES kronolith/lib Driver.php nag/docs CHANGES nag/lib Driver.php mnemo/docs CHANGES mnemo/lib Driver.php turba/docs CHANGES turba/lib Driver.php framework/MIME MIME.php ...

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Aug 30 04:38:12 UTC 2007

> chuck       2007-08-30 00:50:59 EDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     admin                alarms.php
>     docs                 CHANGES
>     lib                  Driver.php
>     docs                 CHANGES
>     lib                  Driver.php
>     docs                 CHANGES
>     lib                  Driver.php
>     docs                 CHANGES
>     lib                  Driver.php
>     MIME                 MIME.php
>     SyncML/SyncML/Backend Sql.php
>     iCalendar/iCalendar  vevent.php
>   Log:
>   [cjh] Fix generation of UIDs with PHP 5.2+.

1. I thought uniqid() was terribly slow.
2. These new generated IDs are twice the size of the old IDs - mainly
because the new IDs are limited to 16 bytes while the old IDs used 36
bytes and thus could pack the same amount of information into a
smaller string (technically we could use any ASCII printable character
to compact the ID even more...)  Again, not a big deal when looked at
singly but imagine a system with millions of users with millions of
Message-IDs - these IDs are now going to take up a not insignificant
larger chunk of storage.

Not that I have a better solution at the second.

michael