[dev] Video and uploadprogress

Duck duck at obala.net
Fri Aug 31 14:06:59 UTC 2007

On Friday 31 of August 2007 15:26:56 Jan Schneider wrote:
> > A I can see, cache exist only as an object value. Of course expired after
> > script shutdown. But what we need here is storing data with Horde_Cache,
> > to allow share cache be shared between users.
>
> Shares only exist per user, i.e. depend on the individual permissions,
> thus it doesn't make sense to share the cache between users.

IMO looking from a different point of view, share is wrapper around a piece of
data, extending it with the user permission. But if you separate the data
from the permission check you can globally cache data from SQL and check only
the permission inside PHP in a page request. This would be faster and save
memory since you data will not be stored in each user session but in a
central cache storage.

Duck