[dev] My Agora TODO

Duck duck at obala.net
Thu Sep 20 17:03:35 UTC 2007

I would like to go forward in optimizing Agora and extend the comment API
features. Below is a list if thing I had in mind. One of this thins are even
moving away from Horde_Template. Of course this means PHP5 requirement. I
don't know is this is allowed. As I see horde 3.2 will  be the last php4
supported release and Agora is not listed as an planned module after 3.2
release, actually never released. And PHP will drop support for 4.x with the
end of this year.  So can I move in this direction?

- Add permission management interface
- Extend moderation to comments in various scopes
- Move from DB to MDB2
- Move from Horde_Template to Horde_View
- Store last message data with thread to save queries
- Reduce number of loops in for thread display

If someone has any optimization ideas, I will be glad to hear them.

duck