[dev] The Text_Diff package

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Sep 21 20:05:11 UTC 2007

I've been doing some cleanup and updates to the Text_Diff package and
want to run a few things by the community and developers

1. PHP 4 compatibility

I propose that we get the package up to a 1.0 stable release that
works with PHP 4, and then leave that code (perhaps as a branch) and
make the PHP 5 version Horde_Text_Diff. That version would work with
Horde 4 and be released through our channel server for PHP 5, and
compatible with PEAR2 PHP 5-only packages.

2. Backwards compatibility

It'd be great to fix the bad class/file names of Text_MappedDiff and
Text_Diff3. Right now I've added the correct class/file names to CVS
but haven't removed the old ones. I think since package is marked beta
I can just fix it, and bump the API revision number, and it'll be
fine. Any objections to that? Any better names for the
previously-named Text_Diff3 than Text_Diff_ThreeWay?

-chuck