[dev] [cvs] commit: incubator/oscar/videos edit.php

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Tue Oct 2 14:27:23 UTC 2007

Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> On Monday 01 of October 2007 21:48:36 Michael Rubinsky wrote:
>> Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:
>> > duck        2007-09-29 13:03:01 EDT
>> >
>> >   Modified files:
>> >     oscar/videos         edit.php
>> >   Log:
>> >   Always show both bottons, is more intuitive
>>
>> I respectfully disagree. It's very confusing the first time you see
>> this..and was balked at by my usability analyst wife.  It's not clear
>> what button to choose next when uploading a video from scratch.  If
>> you want to keep it as a two steps, then I would suggest something
>> like "save and proceed" or at least some instructive text as to what
>> the next step should be.
>
> I can rename it to be more obvious.

Cool. Thanks.

>> What's the rational for keeping the file
>> choice and video specifics on a separate page?
>
> My coworker waited 10 minutes to upload the video file after noticing that he
> forgot to set the category. Even YT has attributes and file part separated.

Ah - that's happened to me once or twice also.  Understood, but then
we should hide the upload button when the video is already uploaded
(or at least once it's processed if we want users to be able to
replace a video file before processing).

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)