[dev] Horde_Image / polaroid-like stack

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Oct 15 20:07:12 UTC 2007

>> I don't think that there should be a Horde_Image::thumbnailStack
>> method; that seems much too specialized to be part of the Horde_Image
>> api. If you can break down the necessary operations into generic
>> Horde_Image::* calls, then you could create a separate object - either
>> a Horde_Image_Decorator, or some other composite - that made it work.
>
> I don't agree. While this is indeed a very specialized thing, I don't
> see why this shouldn't be made available globally. People can have
> other uses for that than Ansel. And contributing this back as some
> packaged code for imagick users is a nice bonus.

I didn't say it should only be in Ansel, and I don't think so. I just
think that this is the sort of thing if we put it right into the
Horde_Image:: api it results in an unmanageable API. That's why I
think it should be in a Decorator or Plugin or something - provided
with Horde_Image, packaged, but not on the same level as line(),
text(), etc...

-chuck