[dev] Ansel thumbnail choices?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Oct 28 23:38:17 UTC 2007

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

> Looking for some input here...I'm trying to decide if it would be a
> good idea to allow the users to select thumbnail style on a per
> gallery basis or not.

I think this would be reasonable yes.

To the point that Jan raised about galleries being stored in shares,
I'd encourage you to take advantage of the SQL backend to introduce an
ansel_galleries table with a SQL id for galleries; it'd be a bit more
work to sync, but we should be treating the shares as just permissions
and hierarchy (and really with the new Share code even the hierarchy
should be managed by Ansel), so this will be needed eventually anyway.

Also, you could add a ansel_gallery_options table as a catch for
settings like this (could just be a table of gallery_ids and named
small varchar fields) for settings like this on a per-gallery basis.
That could be where we stored colors or gallery-specific theme info
also.

Thanks for all your work here!

-chuck