[dev] Ansel thumbnail choices?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Oct 28 23:49:47 UTC 2007

>> To the point that Jan raised about galleries being stored in shares,
>> I'd encourage you to take advantage of the SQL backend to introduce an
>> ansel_galleries table with a SQL id for galleries; it'd be a bit more
>> work to sync, but we should be treating the shares as just permissions
>> and hierarchy (and really with the new Share code even the hierarchy
>> should be managed by Ansel), so this will be needed eventually anyway.
>
> You don't even need shares then, permissions are sufficient.

Permissions don't have the concept of saying "which things in this
part of the permission tree have this permission", such as, which
calendars are readable by this user, which galleries are editable by
the logged in user, etc. At least as a one-step operation, which is
what Shares aims to provide on top of Perms.

-chuck