[dev] Jonah vs. Thomas

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Mon Oct 29 14:00:58 UTC 2007

Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> Thomas was not meant to be an CMS module. Initial designed as an community
> blog service. I have a some feature ideas and redesign plans but its goal
> will still be to be a multiply/single user blog service. So I don't see it as
> a front-end for publishing content on the horde website. As I don't see Jonah
> either. We will just mess up good dedicated modules for an general purpose.

Yea, I was probably using the term CMS a little too loosely here.  I
was simply referring to the ability of using the content published
from Jonah in a variety of ways, both inside and outside of the Horde
environment .  I agree that there is a danger of making Jonah (or
Thomas for that matter) a one size fits all solution, but I do see an
advantage of extending Jonah to provide more blog-like functionality
as well.

Thanks,
mike

--