[dev] IMP permissions (maybe?) question

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Nov 15 07:15:08 UTC 2007

I am currently working on a project that requires the following:
   * Depending on server status, certain features need to be disabled.
  i.e. the server
may fallback into a "read-only" mode, in which a user should only be
allowed to read
messages - no sending, deleting, moving, copying, etc.
   * Also, certain mailbox/messages need to be read-only, but this
determination is made
dynamically at the time of viewing.  If read-only, the corresponding
actions need to not
be displayed (I am using Jan's recent 'fixed_folders' addition to lock
down these
read-only folders from having any folder actions being done to them).

Not being terribly familiar with our Permissions code, I am looking
for input as to
whether this would be the best way to approach this issue.  Again,
this is a bit
different from the way I think we use the permissions code everywhere
else, since the
permissions are not based on the user/group but rather the status of the
server/message/mailbox.

The folks I am working with will most likely be more than willing to
release this code,
so I'd really like to figure out a way to abstract this out as much as
possible so others
could potentially use this in the future.

michael