[dev] Problems with webroot and Horde::url

Alfonso Marí­n Marí­n almarin at um.es
Fri Nov 30 08:19:12 UTC 2007

Jan Schneider escribió:
> Zitat von Alfonso Marí­n Marí­n <almarin at um.es>:
>

>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm trying to install a horde 3.2-RC1 on my DocumentRoot instead in a
>> horde/ directory.
>>
>> The _detect_webroot() gives me "" as webroot, and everything works fine.
>> But when i installed Nag application, in "Manage my Tasklists" i have
>> this url as a subscription URL:
>>
>> Remote Subscription URL:
>> http://myserver.com/nag//rpc.php/nag/almarin@um.es.ics
>>
>> That is wrong, because the real path should be
>> http://myserver.com/rpc.php/nag/almarin@um.es.ics
>>
>> That url is generated with Horde::url with $full = true. When hordes'
>> webroot is "", then that function (when flag $full=true), return the top
>> application directory instead only server name.
>>
>> Is that a bug? Maybe i can solve this with some configuration... any
>> suggestion?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Alfonso.
>>
>> --
>> Alfonso Marín Marín
>> Sección de Telemática - ATICA
>> Universidad de Murcia
>> http://www.um.es/atica
>> Tlf: 968 39 8742
>>

>> --
>>

> Please create a ticket on http://bugs.horde.org/.
>
> Jan.

Before create a ticket, i decided have a deep look at Horde::url,
because i thought that was a bad behavior of that function, but i
realised that  the function work fine, and the problem was a bad use of it.

The problem happen on calendars.inc (kronolith) and tasklists.inc (nag),
because to get a full url uses:

Horde::url($registry->('webroot','horde'), -1, true).$uri

and to work fine with my configuration (where webroot is "") should be

Horde::url($registry->('webroot','horde').$uri, -1, true)

I think that work better in all configurations.

I attach a patches from CVS just to show how i fixed that problem for
kronolith an nag. I don't know if more applications offers resources
with webdav,  of in general, they try to get full URLs using the first
case...

Bye.
Alfonso.