[dev] Genie list advice

Duck duck at obala.net
Sun Dec 2 14:13:10 UTC 2007

I tried to minimize the load of listing wishlist but on the and we always need
the whole list for preparing the panel list. I checked my SQL log I can see
16 queries are performed to list my only wishlist item. I know this is
because of shares and I cannot directly avoid them. But has anyone an idea
how to additionally minimize the selections? Save wishlist names in session
is one possibility but mybe stored data will be a little bit to big to push
them into session, and add them in the cache is a little mess since we will
need a cache entry for every user and we won't be able to expire cache for
their users if someone change his permissions.

Duck