[dev] [cvs] commit: genie sharedlists.php genie/config prefs.php.dist genie/locale/sl_SI/LC_MESSAGES genie.mo genie/po genie.pot sl_SI.po genie/templates panel.inc genie/templates/wishlists shared.inc

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Dec 3 15:40:28 UTC 2007

Zitat von Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> duck        2007-12-01 07:57:21 EST
>
>   Modified files:
>     config               prefs.php.dist
>     locale/sl_SI/LC_MESSAGES genie.mo
>     po                   genie.pot sl_SI.po
>     templates            panel.inc
>   Added files:
>     .                    sharedlists.php
>     templates/wishlists  shared.inc
>   Log:
>   Add inital shared wishlist managment.

I don't like very much how this was implemented. I don't think it's
necessary to add a complete new page to manage lists that are then
added to the panel where you finally can turn them on and off. This is
exactly not what we're trying to do with the panel: making it easier
to switch shares on an off.

Instead we should do something like in Kronolith where we already have
a search field. Though we wouldn't search the panel, but the backend
for wishlists. This field could be automatically hidden if there are
wishlists below the limit, or used for client side filtering like in
kronolith. There may be better approaches, but these are the ideas I
came up with.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/