[dev] Horde_RPC_soap tweaks

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Dec 17 21:11:18 UTC 2007

Quoting John Morrissey <jwm at horde.net>:

>> Seems like a bug - if there are explicit provides entries, we
>> shouldn't return other methods, right?
>
> Sorry, I wasn't clear. Registry::listMethods() honors provides entries, but
> since it's called with no arguments in Horde_RPC_soap, the provided methods
> for all applications are listed. This makes complete sense for the main
> Horde WSDL, since you want to emit all possible provided methods.

Okay.

>> I think instantiating a limited server is still a useful feature.
>
> I've made the suggestions to date; attached are the updated patches, for
> HEAD and FRAMEWORK_3. Any final thoughts before I commit them?

I would like to see the variables prefixed with $allowed instead of
$restrict - it's a little clearer that they're then lists of allowed
things. restrict sounds like a boolean (restrictions are on or off).
I'd also like to see a @TODO on the globals to remove them when PEAR
SOAP is fixed or when we move to PHP 5's soap extension - just so it
doesn't slip past us for years.

Otherwise looks quite good - thank you!

-chuck