[dev] [cvs] commit: kronolith/scripts/upgrades 2.1_to_2.2.pgsql.sql

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 2 14:57:49 UTC 2008

>> Above is with rh-postgresql-server-7.3.15-2 (RHEL 3).  Maybe a newer
>> postgres version would do better with it...

This postgres version seems rather brain dead...

> How about:
>
> ALTER TABLE kronolith_events ADD COLUMN event_private INT NOT NULL;

ERROR:  Adding NOT NULL columns is not implemented.
         Add the column, then use ALTER TABLE ... SET NOT NULL.

Sorry, but I think the one I submitted is the one that works with old
(RHEL 3) setups...  Just can't make it much simpler (other than trying
a newer RHEL/CentOS version).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics