[dev] [cvs] commit: turba/lib api.php

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Fri Jan 4 15:53:39 UTC 2008

>>> Are you sure? As far as I understand the code this should only be a
>>> fallback if no source has been requested by other means.
>>
>> Maybe its a case of confusion as to the expected behaviour on my
>> part.   From Kronolith_FreeBusy::getUrl() if the user's
>> search_sources pref  is empty (as would be the case if it was never
>> explicitly set) then an  empty array is passed and only one address
>> book - the one that happens  to be first in the cfgSources array -
>> is searched.  I would have  expected that all your available address
>> books would be searched -  just like the behaviour of the
>> addressbooks pref in Turba (IIRC).
>
> I'm not sure if this is really a good idea. This could take a lot of
> time if you have many sources, and produce a lot of load on the
> backend servers. Admins should set the preference default value.

Understood, I can revert. Although it would be impossible for admins
to set the default pref to include *any* of the user's address books
from a shared source since these are always generated md5 keys - even
the user's default. Setting it to 'localsql' for example would never
work if the localsql source is share enabled.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)