[dev] ajax portal editing

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Wed Jan 9 19:41:40 UTC 2008

Quoting duck at obala.net:

I'd have to disagree here. Even though I seem to be using less
multi-column blocks than I use to, I still make use of them and would
definitely miss them.  Plus, I think that allowing such a flexible
layout is another point that seperates horde's portal from other
solutions.  OTOH, I *can* see the benifits of drag and drop
configuration and a more modern type of interface along the lines of
other portals. Personally, if we do want to add drag and drop, I think
we should keep the 'legacy' portal as an option for users who really
would miss it.  I guess it really depends on the type of content a
typical user of a particular installation would be using to make the
best use of space with each layout.

Mike

Thanks,
mike