[dev] new optimized sql Share driver

Duck duck at obala.net
Mon Jan 14 11:43:29 UTC 2008

On Monday 14 of January 2008 05:53:52 Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:
> > I started to work on a new share driver today as I having problems
> > with memory
> > and execution time inside Horde_Share. Fist I must mention that my my
> > driver, for now, do not support session cache, share names and
> > hierarchies (no sub shares for ansel yet) as I was concentrating on the
> > performance of the data retrieval.
>
> This sounds potentially promising; I hope to look at it in a few days.
> Unfortunately I got pretty backed up this weekend and have a lot of
> patches that I'm behind on.
>
> -chuck

I go foward fixing names and attributes so is fully functional in Genie. I
will test it with other shares groups.

I added it as ticket #6109.

I must add someting here. Looking at share code we list shares using share
name as list index. I purpose to change this to use directly the share ID.
This will speed up geting the share in the manipulation process even in
DataTree driver and save a little bit of list memory.

Duck