[dev] Active Directory Development

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Mon Jan 21 11:45:23 UTC 2008

Ben Klang wrote:
> Please see my comments inline below:
 >
> You should have a checkbox option on the Group configuration tab named
> "attrisdn".  This switch makes the Group_ldap driver use DNs instead of
> usernames for gorup membership.

Not there.. perhaps added later than webmail-1.0.4?

>> There is another one that I haven't started on yet which is nested
>> groups in Active Directory.
>>
> I have a patch written in my environment which will enable this
> functionality.  I would be happy to speak with you offline about this
> patch as it was rejected from mainstream Horde for architectural
> reasons.  We hope to revisit it in Horde 4.0.

Please do - you have my e-mail address - can provide other means of
contact too.

> If you are considering stepping up your contributions I would suggest to
> you that you might find the conversation in #horde-dev of Freenode's IRC
> network to be helpful.  In that channel you can speak with some of the
> Horde developers directly.

In #horde and #horde-dev (aka the wasteland) now.

> Alternatively you can post here to reach a
> wider potential audience.  Finally there is good documentation in the
> Horde Wiki (http://wiki.horde.org), in the API documentation
> (http://dev.horde.org), and in the comments of the source code itself.

I have noticed - esp. the API library.

> Good luck and I look forward to working with you.

You too.
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com