[dev] ansel gallery properties page / gallery permissions

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Feb 2 20:03:02 UTC 2008

This commit:

http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php?r1=1.87&r2=1.88&f=ansel%2Fgallery.php

removes various actions from the property page such as permissions
editing. I agree this makes sense, but the problem is that with no js,
the gallery action selection does not work.  This means that is
impossible now to edit permissions (the more important of the
un-executable actions IMO).

It would be ideal, yes, to fix the gallery actions to degrade with no
js but because of the number of submit buttons that would need to be
present on the form, this leads to issues with the form being
submitted by pressing ENTER (in my tests, I could not count on which
button name/value pairs were sent etc...) See the various cvs
annotations for
http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php?r1=1.113&r2=1.114&f=ansel%2Ftemplates%2Fview%2Fgallery.inc and the surronding commits for more background on the form
issue.

Anyone object to putting at least the edit permissions back in the
properties form, maybe in a <noscript> tag?

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)