[dev] Audit trailing in Hermes

Manilal Krishnapillai manilal.krishnapillai at ejyothi.com
Thu Feb 21 05:58:48 UTC 2008

> Quoting Vinay Kumar <vinay.kumar at ejyothi.com>:
>
>> You mean separate table for each table, right?
>
> Right.
>
>> I have a question whether there exist any general audit library in
>> Horde or we have to create it from the scratch using RDO library ?
>
> It would be a new component.
>
> -chuck

Hello everybody,

First of all sorry for sending a blank message earlier, it happened
accidentally.

We have been trying to implement the audit trailing mechanism in
Hermes and there were suggestions from the list about developing a
common audit trail component for Horde using RDO. But it seems that it
may take more time to develop such a component for all the Horde
applications and the need of the audit trail feature in Hermes is very
urgent for us. So for the time being we would like to drop the idea of
a common component for Horde and like to implement a mechanism for
hermes alone. The basic idea is to add a new database table which
resembles the current hermes_timeslice table and then move the
pristine information to the new table(hermes_timeslice_auditlog). This
way the original table will have only the current information and the
data model will not be affected. Please rememeber that this audit is
only of the timeslices. Does this makes sense?

Once this feature is implemented we would like to implement timesheet
approval, hierarchical organization roles and leave request processing.

--
Manilal K M
Systems Manager