[dev] Checking Joomla templates

Elier Delgado elier.delgado at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 04:48:07 UTC 2008

Hi to everyone,

I'm new in the this list, so excuse me any foolishness ...
I'm very interested in horde, congratulations to all for this excellent
work.

Particularly I want to allow to horde to be more flexible with their
templates, maybe like Joomla's templates,
so I'm reading about this, to later try to implementing something for Horde,
the things is keep compatibility with
the actuals horde applications, :(

http://docs.joomla.org/Category:Templates

I think that this could be a important issue for Horde, maybe one solutions
is start a new CMS based on Horde, but detached from the actuals Horde
templates, integrated with the others Horde's applications by theirs APIs,
trying to find a integration at VIEW level.

Or simply try to replace the actuals design structure for a flexible
template, without any new CMS.

I have many friends that not use horde for this reason, because they can't
change the user interface (UI) like Joomla, etc.

Any idea ?

Regards, Elier