[dev] My Ansel tasks

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Mar 7 23:23:46 UTC 2008

Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> 1.  Automatic watermark of screen images
> I will like that if the pref is locked the images are automatically
> watermarked like "user at domain.com". Some prefs for default watermark
> position will be added.

As long as there's a separate pref to turn this on/off, and it doesn't
happen automatically when the watermark string pref is locked, that's
fine by me.

> 2. Offensive content
> Galleries soul have the "from age" attribute. A configuration option
> will be added to specify age classes like in Oscar (no classes - the
> feature is disabled) to allow user/editor mark a gallery as a
> possible offensive content that should be limited to 18+.

I'm fine with having the feature; it'd be nice if it could be turned
off completely in a preference ("don't set ages for my galleries")
(which could of course be locked by the admin). It'd be super elegant
if we could do this with a specialized tag that is applied to the
gallery.

> 3. Report abuse
> Users can report a gallery as a potential offensive content, for copyright in
> fragment ...

Sure. Should be an admin preference to turn it on as well as where to
send the report. You might want to model it on the Horde problem
reporting feature, including the ability to report the problems into a
Whups queue.

> 4. Limited download full photo
> In a community we just publishing our photos. We don't like to see our  ?
> original camera photos to go around the net. So a configuration
> option will be  added that allows the following values/states:
> - all - The same as is now
> - edit - Only users that have edit permission can access this photos
> - hook - Access is granted by a hook, possible to later add the
> ability to sell the image "archive" service

Fine with me I think - this would be a per-gallery option, and would
apply to the full-size images, I take it?

> 5. Password protected galleries
> The user has to have an simple possibility to lock his gallery not by only by
> permissions but also by password. If the pass is set the permissions
> are reset
> to default and before someone enters the gallery he must enter the
> password like in Oscar for videos. Is much spliest for a really
> large user list or to allow restricted access for specific guests.

Sure.

-chuck