[dev] [cvs] commit: chora/docs CHANGES chora/js prototype.js chora/js/src prototype.js horde/docs CHANGES gollem/docs CHANGES gollem/js prototype.js gollem/js/src prototype.js hordeweb/js prototype.js hordeweb/js/src prototype.js imp/docs CHANGES imp/js prototype.js ...

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri May 2 21:19:30 UTC 2008

> chuck       2008-05-02 17:06:35 EDT

>     nyphpcon-2006-06/js  prototype.js
>     s5/ui/prototype      prototype.js
>     docs                 CHANGES
>     js                   prototype.js
>     js/src               prototype.js
>   Log:
>   [cjh] Apply fix for http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/11473 to prototype.js
>   (Request #6590).

This has been on my mind for awhile and thought I'd get it out there -
for the various 3rd party apps we distribute along with our code
(right now, all I can think of is xinha, fckeditor, tinymce,
scriptaculous, and prototype), we should probably have a wiki page
tracking their licenses.  For those under the GPL/LGPL/MPL
(fckeditor), I don't believe we are distributing the full source
distribution so we should probably be keeping a local copy of the base
distribution in case anyone ever asks us for the source code.  I think
xinha is BSD so we just need to have the license in the distribution).
  scriptaculous is MIT-like, so we just need to make sure we
distribute scriptaculous.js with all apps using it (we do this).
prototype is MIT-like but doesn't require copyright notices so
technically, with the above changes, we don't need to do anything.

anyway, thought I would throw this out there, especially since there
was the recent ticket on licenses (maybe this should go in that
ticket, but I don't really have access to the bugs DB right now).

michael