[dev] Carrying a Lock/Ticket Item in the DataTree

Ralf Lang ralf.lang at solesystems.de
Wed May 7 12:47:47 UTC 2008

Hallo,

I'm currently developing an app using the horde framework that needs some kind
of unique lock or ticket item.

If this Item is set, it identifies the user who has currently "grabbed the
lock" and can exclusively perform some operations, preventing anybody from
doing the same until the lock is released.

I figured the data tree might be a good place to keep such a lock around but
i'm not sure if I understood this correctly: The data tree is unique and
always contains the same data for all users who are logged in at the same
time.

Is this right or is there a more horde-standard-like solution?

--
Ralf Lang
IT-Consultant / Trainer