[dev] CyrSQL and SQL driver

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Tue May 27 17:27:02 UTC 2008

Hello,

  I was thinking about completely separating Cyrus SQL driver from
  Horde's native SQL driver, e.i. extend it directly from Auth. There
  are couple of reasons because I *think* this could be a good idea.

  1) As I found out in one of my smaller installations current
  implementation of driver have some gliches in a environment where Cyrus
  virtual domains are disabled. So there is a need to rewrite addUser
  and removeUser methods in such a way they will not use their parent
  methods. This leaves us with only one thing dependand
  on Auth_sql, making a connection to MySQL server with a
  _connect(). Again I *think* it will be faster to just make the
  driver independand and extend directly from Auth.

  2) Cyrus SQL logic and stucture is very different from what we have in
  Horde's SQL. For example, when you create a user you must add two
  entries in 2 different MySQL tables and you must also create a
  mailbox on Cyrus IMAP server. The same goes about updating or
  removing the user.

  Are there any objections or could I start working on this? What is
  your thoughts on this?

--
Best regards,
 Vilius