[dev] CyrSQL and SQL driver

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Thu May 29 08:20:22 UTC 2008

> > As I told earlier, currently Auth_Sql is not so flexible as we wanted
> > it to be for Cyrus SQL or other similar drivers. Most (if not all)
> > methods perform only one query to only one particular table. And
> > unless somebody would
> > introduced a very flexible way of dealing with queries in Auth_Sql I
> > don't see how it could change in the near future.
>
> If it is only the one-query limitation, we could allow the sql driver
> to also accept an array of queries. If there are more limitations, a
> native driver for sql probably makes sense.

Frankly, I don't see how this could be implemented easily and nicely. We
must pass not only the two queries but data for them too. For example in
Cyrus SQL's case adding a user takes such backend modifications:

INSERT INTO accountuser (username, password, domain_name) VALUES ('user',
'pass', 'example.com');
INSERT INTO virtual (alias, destination, enabled) VALUES
('user at example.com', 'user at example.com', 1);

Currently 'virtual' table name is hardcoded into the driver, but I want to
do it configurable. So the Auth_Sql should accept more configuration params
then usual. But I could be wrong.

--
  Best Regards,

  Vilius Šumskas