[dev] shares performance hit (was Re: disable shares)

duck duck at obala.net
Mon Jun 9 17:04:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 16:42 +0200, Didi Rieder wrote:
> > Out of memory with only 1000 current users and 130 q/s? This should
> > never happen. Probably it is an Mysql configuration mistake. How much
> > ram do you have. You can control your ram usage with various Mysqld
> > options or even kernel settings like swappness etc.
>
> This is what I was also thinking.
> I have a 16GB, but with the 32Bit server only ~3.2Gb can be used.

uh. 12G wasted.
I have only 4G :(

> Do you yous persistent connectins from horde to the sql server?
no. they are not really usefull in an internal network and floods you in
the peak time

> What are your settings for:
>
> key_buffer_size
50M

> max_connections
1024

> sort_buffer_size
1M

> read_buffer_size
256K

> read_rnd_buffer_size
768K

> myisam_sort_buffer_size
8M

than some other settings that mightl help you (see manual for deatils):
thread_concurrency  = 8
tmp_table_size = 200M
thread_cache_size = 50
skip-external-locking
skip-thread-priority
table_cache = 400

for peak times to not get flooded
connect_timeout = 2 (disable connect attempt after 2 sec)
and close connections after 30sec of inactivity, yes php should close
connections after a script ends... yes it should :)
wait_timeout = 30
interactive_timeout = 30

Duck