[dev] shares performance hit (was Re: disable shares)

duck duck at obala.net
Tue Jun 10 17:32:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 17:00 +0200, Didi Rieder wrote:
> So the only thing left would be the "thread_cache_size" which is
> smaller then you are suggesing. I'll increase it and see if it helps.

Maybe. Starting a new process for each new request gets pretty expensive
pretty quickly. Set your thread cache high enough that the
Threads_created value in SHOW STATUS stops increasing. Your CPU will
thank you. If is this the only reason maybe is a problem with thread
implementation or system I/O. Is your server build from source or do you
use an offical binary? A lot of maybe. As I just thinking about your
input.

Duck