[dev] [imp] DIMP not showing most headers

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Jun 20 21:49:05 UTC 2008

Quoting "Jan Schneider" <jan at horde.org>:

>>> Are they related?  This is DIMP from CVS + Horde 3.2, IMP 4.2

DIMP from which CVS branch?  DIMP from CVS HEAD would not be expected
to work with non-HEAD Horde/IMP of course.

>> DIMP 1.x (and MIMP 1.1x) are always going to require the most
>> up-to-date versions of IMP

I don't think so...  Since DIMP 1.x is the first DIMP release, it is
okay that it only works with the current IMP version (no BC issue)
since it is the first release.  Futher releases should maintain BC
issues however, if at all possible.

> Uh, when did we decide this? This breaks with any release policy we
> ever had. As long as DIMP and IMP are separate applications we have
> to keep BC in the stable branch.

I agree with this, with the exception of the first release version, and
then only if documented.  It is hard to make a new program work with
previously existing versions of other packages...

> Jan.

> http://horde.org/consulting/

Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics