[dev] [cvs] commit: turba/lib api.php

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Jun 24 15:01:44 UTC 2008

Quoting "Jan Schneider" <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:
>
>> mrubinsk    2008-06-23 16:32:39 EDT
>>
>>  Modified files:
>>    lib                  api.php
>>  Log:
>>  Add some error logging and don't set the error flag here for now.
>>  Do we *want* to cause a notification in this case?
>>
>>  Revision  Changes    Path
>>  1.252     +5 -2      turba/lib/api.php
>>
>>  Chora Links:
>>  http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/turba/lib/api.php?r1=1.251&r2=1.252&ty=u
>>
>> --
>>

> I think so, that's why we have a flag and don't return immediately.
> The wording could be tweaked if it is ambiguous, but we should still
> notify the admin that removing the data didn't succeed completely IMO.

I'm not so convinced that failing to delete data from sources that
don't support it should be considered an error. Especially when we are
talking about external sources like LDAP. If the install has any of
the following drivers - favourites, group, imsp, kolab, ldap, prefs -
installed then they will *always* get an error when removing users then.

I agree if we encounter an error in deleting data from a source that
*does* support it should be reported though...