[dev] Split read/write database

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Jul 2 08:10:34 UTC 2008

Hi,

we want to use split read/write database with postgres. At the moment
the splitread option is only available for MySQL.
Is there a reason that this is not supported for Postgres?

We use unix sockets to acces the the database. As far as i understand
the configuration for mysql it is only possible to use unix sockets
for the write
database but not for the read. Is there a reason for this?

Regards

         Michael Menge

M.Menge                                 Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                    Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung           mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstrasse 76
72074 Tübingen