[dev] [cvs] commit: imp/lib Compose.php imp/templates/prefs sourceselect.inc

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jul 24 16:55:39 UTC 2008

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>>  needs to be tweaked a bit.  With the Autocompleter.Local option,
>> you can only
>>  search a "Name <email>" sring.  Unfortunately, I have to figure
>> out how to deal
>>  with a pref value of search_fields other than "name\temail",
>> although for the
>>  life of me I can't really figure out what other fields you would want to
>>  search here.
>
> Company for example, which I use regularly myself.

OK.  Figured at least one of the other devs had a reason for this to
be in there :)

Here's my thoughts after sleeping on this:
1.) Non-AJAX expansion can only occur if search_fields is equal to
'name' and 'email'.  Any other search_fields requires AJAX expanstion.
2.) Non-AJAX expansion would only occur if a user has below a certain
threshold of entries in his addressbook (200?).  We could do this
threshold check once per session and use the results for the rest of
the session (ignoring any adds/deletes from the addressbook in that
session).
3.) Looking at scriptaculous' controls.js (the file that contains the
Autocomplete code), about 60% of that file is dedicated to an AJAX
in-place editor that we are not using.  It is a substantial bit of
overhead that we don't need, so I think I am going to break out the
autocomplete code into a separate file.  Considering a possible future
goal is a rewrite of the autocomplete code anyway, this is something
that would eventually happen anyway.

Thoughts?

michael