[dev] wiki as help

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Aug 7 04:46:11 UTC 2008

Quoting duck at obala.net:

> I did a basic render and used Turba's help.xml as an example:
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/7154. With it, we can manage the help
> content online and update help files in the release process. We can
> even distribute
> help as html or text format someone would like to. But I will like
> to see an configuration option to use a local help file or to link
> to a desired wiki.

This seems like a better direction to go than the help.xml files; I
think bundling a static HTML version of the help with the app makes
sense also, since the current XML format gives us pretty much no
benefit except for the crude searching - how would we do search with
this?

On the other end, I guess we'd need an organizational standard for
naming translations of the help docs, and version numbers. How do you
suggest we deal with translations? Now at least we have the ability to
make sure that an untranslated version of each help "item" is present.

-chuck