[dev] [cvs] commit: jonah/lib Jonah.php

Ben Klang ben at alkaloid.net
Mon Aug 11 19:40:01 UTC 2008

On Aug 6, 2008, at 6:07 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> jan         2008-08-06 06:07:34 EDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     lib                  Jonah.php
>   Log:
>   Fix return type.

This actually reverts the intent of my original commit.  The problem
is that there are calls within Jonah that treat the return of
Jonah::checkPermissions() as a boolean.  The particular case I found
was that the Jonah::getMenu() call looks for the user to be an admin
before presenting the Feed menu icons.  The problem is that because
$in is specified as an empty array (or rather, it's unspecified and
defaults to an empty array) the return type is an empty array which
appears as a boolean false, even though the user is both a Horde
administrator and a Jonah administrator (jonah:admin permission).

So which needs to change: the return type of Jonah::checkPermissions
() or the caller to Jonah::checkPermissions()?

/BAK/