[dev] Adding to the user's session and login credentials

Adrian Overbury adrian at inomial.com
Wed Aug 13 04:32:59 UTC 2008

This is just a bump, because I can't for the life of me figure out who
to implement this properly.  I've got the form field for the user to
enter data into onto the login page templates, but I still need to
figure out how to make the contents of this field part of the user's
session object as well as the credentials array that gets passed through
to the authentication object (and then onto the preauthenticate hook,
which I think would be the right place to put my actual check).  Is it
even possible to look at the current session in the preauthenticate
hook?  If we can't, i suppose I could put both pieces of data into
$credentials, but that doesn't feel right.  Any help you guys can give
would be greatly appreciated.

Adrian