[dev] Commit digest

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Aug 21 13:55:22 UTC 2008

Zitat von duck <duck at obala.net>:

> We have a lot of modules and commits that are tracked only if they where
> a ticked request or something that finished in module change log. And
> again this is something too much developer closed overview. What about
> to start publishing a weekly overview on Planet Horde of the development
> activity like KDE's commit digests with just a short list of what
> significant changed in last week. For example tickets solved with links
> to tickets, new features that should be exposed like allow embedding of
> Kronolith's calendar blocks in external websites etc.

I'm against commit digest since they would include too much useless
information, and I don't see anyone having enough time to compile them
manually. But I agree that the ongoing development should be
communicated much better.

As a first step I updated a few applications' news on the website. We
should generate a feed from those and add it to Planet.

We already have feeds for closed tickets per application on the
website, but a monthly or weekly summary would be nice too. This could
even be implemented as a general Whups feature, alternatively
available as a feed that could be added to Planet again.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/