[dev] Jonah breakage in CVS HEAD

Ben Klang ben at alkaloid.net
Sat Aug 23 01:56:48 UTC 2008

It's been discussed for quite some time but now it's time to break
Jonah so we can fix it.  I am about to commit a number of deep
changes to Jonah that will be the first step toward making Jonah a
dedicated blog authoring app, clearing the way for aggregation to
move to Hippo.  In addition I will be adding pretty URL handling
courtesy Horde_Routes and the ability to search, filter and sort
articles based on arbitrary attributes.

However, all of this is pretty sweeping architecturally and so things
are likely to get bumpy in Jonah for a while.  Chuck has just created
the JONAH_2008_08_22 CVS tag so that anyone who doesn't want to deal
with the instability can use that tag to avoid it.

For more information on the upcoming changes to Jonah please see:
http://wiki.horde.org/Project/Jonah
http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/7197

Anyone interested in helping to shape the future of Jonah is invited
to participate via the Horde project system in the wiki or via the
bugtracker.

/BAK/
--
Ben Klang