[dev] [cvs] commit: incubator/Imap_Client/lib/Horde/Imap Client.php incubator/Imap_Client/lib/Horde/Imap/Client Base.php Cclient.php Socket.php incubator/Imap_Client/test/Horde/Imap test_client.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Sat Sep 13 16:28:33 UTC 2008

>>  Modified files:
>>    Imap_Client/lib/Horde/Imap Client.php
>>    Imap_Client/lib/Horde/Imap/Client Base.php Cclient.php
>>                                      Socket.php
>>    Imap_Client/test/Horde/Imap test_client.php
>>  Log:
>>  Initial implementation of threading (RFC 5256).
>
> With this new client implementation, what are the chances of
> creating a threading implementation that would let us do
> "conversations" style thread sorting - i.e., count the number of
> threads in a mailbox, instead of the number of messages, and
> consider a thread's date to be the date of the most recent message
> in it? Those would be tremendously useful; not just for emulating
> gmail, but those features would make my daily email handling in DIMP
> a much nicer experience.

We actually could do this now (it has been on my TODO list forever).
No need for this new code to do this.  What this threading code *does*
get us, above and beyond the c-client function, is the ability to
thread by something other than REFERENCES (ORDEREDSUBJECT is defined
in RFC 5256 but not tremendously useful) and, the big gain, the
ability to get a thread tree for a certain subset of messages in the
mailbox which will allow threading sort when hiding deleted messages
and displaying search results in a mailbox (yay).

michael