[dev] localization of special mailbox folders

PENZ Robert ROBERT.PENZ at TIROL.GV.AT
Fri Sep 26 07:29:10 UTC 2008

Hi!

> We have always been against such a feature since users should not see
> different folder names in different clients. But this has been
> requested often recently, so we might get convinced.

I can understand your reluctance for implementing such a feature. Would our IMAP Mail System only be used with Horde, we could simply translate the mail folder names. But when you connect to IMAP for example via Thunderbird, Thunderbird expects the names in English. Only then can Thunderbird mark the folders with special icons and translate them on the GUI to eg. German. If Thunderbird fails to recognize the sent mail folder, it is not able to store any sent mail. The same is true for drafts.

We know there are howtos on the net on how to configure Thunderbird correctly, but this is not an option. Our clients are Tyrolean pupils who we do not want to burden with a complex configuration.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Robert Penz