[dev] [cvs] commit: imp/lib/MIME/Viewer appledouble.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Oct 6 16:14:50 UTC 2008

> jan         2008-10-06 11:57:08 EDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     lib/MIME/Viewer      appledouble.php
>   Log:
>   Force multipart/appledouble parts to be rendered inline.
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.26      +9 -1      imp/lib/MIME/Viewer/appledouble.php

As previously noted in a discussion on this list, appledouble
attachments are often large and are extremely memory-intensive to
process.  Setting this to view inline is going to cause a bunch more
white-screens (memory exhaustion errors) which will occur in the main
browsing screen rather than a popup view window, which means it is
much more invasive.

I would prefer we hold off on this kind of change until we can get the
new IMAP/MIME libs in place.  That would be a better time to
reevaluate and see if our resource usage has been lowered sufficiently
to make this a good idea.

michael