[dev] commit: imp stationery.php imp/config prefs.php.dist imp/docs CHANGES UPGRADING imp/js compose.js imp/js/src compose.js imp/lib prefs.php imp/lib/UI Compose.php imp/templates javascript_defs.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Oct 20 17:01:51 UTC 2008

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> slusarz     2008-10-19 23:54:41 EDT
>>
>>  Modified files:
>>    .                    stationery.php
>>    config               prefs.php.dist
>>    docs                 CHANGES UPGRADING
>>    js                   compose.js
>>    js/src               compose.js
>>    lib                  prefs.php
>>    lib/UI               Compose.php
>>    templates            javascript_defs.php
>>  Log:
>>  Remove Xinha support.  There is no real reason to support 2 different HTML
>>  editors when they both do essentially the same thing, and I don't have the
>>  time to support both.  FCKeditor has proven to be more stable, has more
>>  frequent updates, a cleaner codebase, and seems to perform better, and does
>>  everything we need.
>
> I *strongly* disagree. Xinha provides a lot of stuff that FCKeditor
> doesn't like full-screen mode, table editing, font tag stripping, to
> only name a few of those features that I regularly use.

FCKeditor supports all of these (well, not 100% sure about the font
stripping, but the others I am sure about) - they simply aren't turned
on by default in the IMP configuration.

Which sort of goes to prove my original point - trying to maintain
more than one editor when it comes to things like configurablity and
features is simply a pain in the a**.  It is hard enough to do this
with a single editor.  I won't object if you revert, but IMHO this is
an example of feature bloat that prevents us from spending quality
time on more core functionality.

michael