[dev] Horde 4 kickoff - dev prozess

duck duck at obala.net
Tue Oct 21 17:39:42 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 18:38:15 Michael Rubinsky wrote:
> >> I think it makes sense, to be a little bit more relaxed for the
> >> development process of applications and very strict with libraries. And
> >> to make it easy to separate these things, it makes sense to pack them in
> >> two different repositories. Checking out two or three repos to work on
> >> horde is not much an issue.
> >> On the other hand it would be an issue for other projects using the
> >> horde libraries to checkout all applications too.
>
> Shouldn't "other projects" be using our stable, released libraries and
> not bleeding edge HEAD code anyway?

Not always possible. As you could need some functionality from a not merged
commit or module that uses HEAD libraries. Or you have a long development plan
and you know that when you release you work, the used framework will be
already old. Maybe without needed parts or bug-fixes, and we know that horde
release circles are relatively long.

Duck