[dev] [cvs] commit: CVSROOT cfg_local.pm

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Dec 22 14:44:23 UTC 2008

>> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

>>> Ah.... yes.  Didn't realize I was logged into dev.horde.org.  Still,
>>> we probably need this regardless in order to prevent issues like
>>> this in the future.
>>
>> We discussed this on IRC recently, and though I didn't follow the
>> discussion to the end, I think we decided that at least cvs.horde.org,
>> if not Chora, should work with the old links, without the repository
>> parameter, to keep old links in mailing list archives etc. working.
>
> Correct me if I am wrong - but all old links *do* work unless you
> are logged into dev.horde.org and have the remember last repository
> setting set.  In other words, the only people that might possibly be
> affected are the devs.  So adding the sourceroot information
> corrects that single issue only.
>
> In other words, there is nothing else we need to do to make the old
> links work.

IMO, though, the bigger issue here is that this could be a problem for
*any* group using Chora, not just us.  So I believe that some changes
to Chora need to be made as discussed in IRC, like assuming the
default repository when a link doesn't specify one, adding more
explicit rewrite rules to put the repository in the URL etc...

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)