[dev] [cvs] [Wiki] changed: Horde4/CodingStandards

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Jan 2 09:57:49 UTC 2009

>  Class Definitions
>  =================
>
> -Class definitions follow the "K&R/Kernel" convention::
> -
> -  class Some_Class {
> +Class definitions also follow the "BSD/Allman" convention::
>
> +  class Some_Class
> +  {
> +      /**
> +       *
> +       */
>        var $_variable;
>
> -      function fooFunction()
> +      public function fooFunction()
>        {
>            statement;
>        }
>
>    }
>
> -Note the blank lines at the beginning and end of the class definition.
> +Note the blank line at the end of the class definition.

While this is only a CS nit, I would like to keep the class CS like it
is, because this new rule doesn't add any benefit (unless I'm missing
anything), and we would have to change every single class we already
have. Yes, I know, we still have to touch each class. :-)

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/