[dev] [cvs] commit: chora annotate.php chora/templates/annotate header.inc line.inc chora/themes screen.css

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Jan 7 19:49:23 UTC 2009

> I agree that the log tooltip is a huge resource hog and I alway
> disliked that. But it's really helpful if you use history/annotation
> like above, because you can often see with a single look whether the
> linked diff is really what you are looking for.
> I think it would be great to load the tooltip with an ajax request
> instead, that would get us the full feature without the performance
> loss.

That's what I was going to suggest - of course it's the solution that
requires the most work :(.  I would suggest that instead of a tooltip,
we implement some sort of toggle div instead (i.e. using +/- icon) -
this would limit any log display to only entries the user explicitly
wants to view.

>> I guess the solution for the former is to re-add the Previous
>> column.  As for the log tooltip, if re-added, this would make most
>> sense as a tooltip to the diff icon.
>
> Agreed, a diff icon (if you talk about adding one to the annotate
> view) is the better place for the log tooltip.

The diff icon already exists.  Although, as stated above, I think the
better solution is not using a tooltip but rather some other display
solution.

michael