[dev] IMP git feedback

Ronan SALMON rsalmon at mbpgroup.com
Mon Jan 12 10:41:18 UTC 2009

Hi,

I don't known if you're looking for feedback on IMP git or is it just
too early to start testing it, but here it comes.

First, for bugs that we ran into, is it best to file a bug on
bugs.horde.org or send an email to a mailing list ?

imp/config files : default options.
we use php-5.2.5, apache 2.2.2 and courier-imap-4.3.0.
$servers['imap'] = array(
     'name' => 'IMAP Server',
     'hostspec' => '127.0.0.1',
     'hordeauth' => true,
     'protocol' => 'imap',
     'port' => 143,
     'secure' => false,
     'maildomain' => 'example.com',
     'smtphost' => '127.0.0.1',
     'smtpport' => 25,
     'realm' => '',
     'preferred' => '',
     'cache' => false,
     'quota' => array(
         'driver' => 'imap',
         'params' => array(
             'hide_when_unlimited' => true,
             'unit' => 'MB'
         )
     ),
     'acl' => true,
);

The new IMP seems a lot faster on folders containing lots of emails (>
1000). ACLs : "Share Folders" is not showing in user's options screen.
Shared folders seems to be working as expected (read/move/copy).

I get the following errors in apache's log file :
PHP Notice:  Array to string conversion in
/usr/share/pear/Horde/Imap/Client/Socket.php on line 2546, referer:
http://192.168.1.22/horde/imp/mailbox.php?mailbox=INBOX.Trash&page=173
  PHP Notice:  Array to string conversion in
/usr/share/pear/Horde/Imap/Client/Socket.php on line 2546, referer:
http://192.168.1.22/horde/imp/mailbox.php?mailbox=INBOX.Trash&page=173

If I set pref 'use_trash' to 1 in prefs.php, I get a fatal error :
Notice: Undefined variable: imp_imap in
/var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line 614
Fatal error: Call to a member function isReadOnly() on a non-object in
/var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line 614

 From the login screen, if I select mode 'dynamic', I get the Horde
nav bar (frame horde_menu) as if I was logged in using mode
'traditional'. clicking on Mail display DIMP in frame horde_main

Hope this helps,
Ronan