[dev] CSS naming, was: [cvs] [Wiki] changed: BCBreakingHordeIssues

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Feb 11 17:02:30 UTC 2009

>> We still should use prefixes IMO, there might be other clashes, e.g.
>> when showing HTML messages inline, adding custom
>> templates/header/footers, etc.
>
> Based on current experience with inline messages in IMP and
> header/footers in non-Horde contexts, I agree with Jan. For the portal
> styles it does still seem good to have separate snippets for separate
> caching/smaller loads.

I agree with portal prefixes - maybe my wiki post did not make that clear.

Additionally, it might be possible (especially given the CSS
parsing/caching code currently being used in IMP) to allow the portal
CSS to be defined in the base screen.css files - we can simply parse
through the CSS files and generate a portal-specific CSS file that can
be cached and then sent to the user.

michael