[dev] Markup Validation

duck duck at obala.net
Wed Mar 4 20:36:33 UTC 2009

Working on one project I tried to clean my html using   Markup Validation
Service from http://validator.w3.org/. I see that all apps common-header.inc
produces warnings with the blow message. Attached is a patch that solves it.

Mismatch between Public and System identifiers in the DOCTYPE declaration

This document uses an inconsistent DOCTYPE declaration. The Public Identifier
-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN declares the XHTML 1.0 Transitional
document type, but the associated System Identifier DTD/xhtml1-
transitional.dtd does not match this document type.

The recommended System Identifier for XHTML 1.0 Transitional is
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd.

The safest way to use a correct DOCTYPE declaration is to copy and paste one
from the recommended list and avoid editing that part of your markup by hand.