[dev] [cvs] commit: horde/docs CHANGES framework/Horde/Horde Registry.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Mar 5 15:57:43 UTC 2009

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>>  1. First, remove config file caching.  Config files are straight forward
>>  and reading them in is a simple PHP parsing activity, so any benefit in
>>  caching is minimal at best.
>
> I disagree. This might be true for plain, generated config files. But
> as soon as you have a more complicated, customized setup, you might
> end up with all kind of logic, database requests, etc. in the config
> files.

If we can be a bit more long-term H4 changes here - I really like the
idea of moving a lot of our config, both the current register,
conf.xml, and prefs at least, to Horde_Policy (which does still need
to be written).

If we did that, we could differentiate simple config chains (no
caching, instant updates) vs. more complicated code chains (optionally
cached).

It's not a quick fix, but if that makes sense to people let's work towards it.

-chuck